- You have to become relationship-ready yourself before entering into a relationship. While you're looking for a relationship, be sure you're working on your "own stuff."
- You have to keep changing and keep working through things.
- You have to keep finding ways to grow as a couple (time alone w/o kids, retreats, date nights, counseling, etc.)
- Love is a daily decision.
- Order of priorities has to be: (1) Faith; (2) Relationship with your spouse; (3) Children
- God has a calling for each of us. God wants us to be in relationship: marriage, religious life, single, but most of all relationship with God.
- God has created that special person for you; as challenging as it is, God's timing is perfect.
Tuesday, July 26, 2011
Relationship lessons learned
Some wisdom from our TOT presenters Len and Carleen Velez from their TOT talk at Good Shepherd, July 23: